Take time to be still, reflect, become aware of your surroundings. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you.
Ways to take notice:
- Stop and really take in your surroundings
- Reflect on the positives, what can you be grateful for – there is always something
- Take notice of what you are thinking. Not to judge or be hard on yourself, but just to be more aware of what you are thinking
- Really savour every mouthful of your lunch, noticing the texture, flavour, how the food feels, tastes
- Consider your strengths and how you make the most of them.
- Think about who inspires you and why
- Notice your neighbours and people around you
- Notice wildflowers and where they grow
- Watch animals and birds outside
- Think about what your parents do for you
- Pretend you are someone else and reflect on what they would think about you •
- Plan for the future and where you’d like to be in 5 years time
- Try a new food and then notice how different it tastes and feels